What are the reasons for the short circuit of the used battery to recover the battery? Is the battery short-circuited or the UPS host is short-circuited? The short circuit of the used battery recovery battery refers to the connection between the positive and negative electrodes of the lead battery. A short circuit of the battery will generate a large current. Generally, the short-circuit wire will be burned. The severity will cause fire or explosion. Pay attention to the use of the used battery to recover the battery. Contact a professional manufacturer for the recovery of used batteries and battery advice.
The reason for the internal short circuit of the used battery recovery battery:
(1) The separator is of poor quality or defective, allowing the active material of the electrode plate to pass through, causing the positive and negative plates to be touched or touched directly.
(2) The separator shifts, causing the positive and negative plates to be connected.
(3) The active material on the electrode plate swells and falls. Due to the excessive accumulation of the fallen active material, the lower edge or side edge of the positive and negative plates touches the deposits to form a connection between the positive and negative plates.
(4) Conductive objects fall into the waste battery and recover the battery to form the positive and negative plates connected.
(5) The "lead flow" formed when welding the pole group is not exhausted, or there are "lead beans" existing between the positive and negative plates during assembly, and the separator is damaged during the charging and discharging process to form the positive and negative plates connected.
The short-circuit phenomenon of lead-acid batteries is mainly manifested in the following aspects:
(1) The open circuit voltage is low, and the closed circuit voltage (discharge) quickly reaches the stop voltage.
(2) When discharging with high current, the terminal voltage drops to zero rapidly.
(3) When the circuit is open, the electrolyte density is very low, and the electrolyte will freeze in a low temperature environment.
(4) When charging, the voltage rises very slowly and always keeps a low value (sometimes it drops to zero).
(5) When charging, the electrolyte temperature rises very quickly.
(6) When charging, the electrolyte density rises very slowly or hardly changes.
(7) No bubbles or gas appear late when charging.
What are the reasons for the fire when the used battery is recovered?
The virtual connection of the cable connector constitutes a touch resistance that is too large. After the temperature rises, the touch surface is oxidized severely, which will cause the touch resistance to continue to increase, which will eventually cause electrical ignition or even arcing, and ignite nearby combustibles to cause a fire.
A short-circuit accident occurs in the UPS back-end line, switch or load, which constitutes a fire or high-power component blasting when the used battery is recovered.
The metal dust is severe in the place where the used battery is to be recovered. The dust is sucked into the UPS through the heat dissipation fan of the UPS. When the concentration reaches a certain value, it will cause a fire inside the UPS.
The battery connecting cable was scratched by the iron sheet of the battery cabinet when the battery cabinet was received and paid, causing a short circuit in the insulation layer.
UPS lead-acid battery short circuit treatment method:
Reduce the charging current, lower the charging voltage, and check whether the safety valve body is blocked. Charge and discharge regularly. The float charge and discharge voltage of lead-acid batteries in the waste battery recovery battery system, many have been adjusted to the rated value at the factory, and the size of the discharge current increases with the increase of the load. The load should be adjusted reasonably during use. For example, control the number of electronic devices such as computers.
When installing lead-acid batteries, insulation measures should be taken for the things that should be used. When wiring, the electrical appliances other than the battery should be connected first, and there is no short circuit after checking, and finally the battery should be connected. The wiring standard should be well insulated to prevent stacking pressure. break.
The above is the reason for the short circuit of the used battery recovery battery and the solution. In daily use, we must strictly abide by the UPS battery operation requirements and do detailed maintenance operations to better prevent the short circuit of the UPS lead-acid battery and make the lead-acid battery Safer use and longer life.