The nine advantages of lithium batteries are as follows:
1. The energy is relatively high. With high storage energy density, it has now reached 460-600Wh, which is about 6-7 times that of lead-acid batteries;
2. Long service life, service life can reach more than 6 years, 1C (100% DOD) charge and discharge of lithium iron phosphate as the positive electrode, there are records that can be used 10,000 times;
3. The extra voltage is high (the single operating voltage is 3.7V or 3.2V), which is approximately equal to the series voltage of 3 nickel-cadmium or nickel-metal hydride batteries, which is convenient to form a battery power pack;
4. With high power endurance, during which the lithium iron phosphate lithium ion battery used in electric vehicles can reach 15-30C charge and discharge capacity, which is convenient for high-intensity launching;
5. The self-discharge rate is very low, which is one of the most prominent advantages of the battery. Now it can generally be less than 1%/month, which is less than 1/20 of the Ni-MH battery;
6. Light weight, the weight is about 1/5-6 of the lead-acid product under the same volume;
7. Strong high and low temperature adaptability, can be used in the environment of -20℃--60℃, after the process treatment, it can be used in the environment of -45℃;
8. Green and environmental protection, no matter it is produced, used or scrapped, it does not contain or occur any toxic and harmful heavy metal elements and substances such as lead, mercury, cadmium, etc.
9. Production does not consume water at all, which is very beneficial to our water shortage. Specific energy refers to the energy per unit component or unit volume. Specific energy is expressed in Wh or Wh/L. Wh is the unit of energy, W is watt, h is hour; kg is kilogram (unit of weight), L is liter (unit of volume).