How to distinguish the methods of testing polymer batteries
1. Distinguish from the advantages
1. Replace the original liquid electrolyte with a solid electrolyte,
2. Replace the carbon anode material with lithium ion anode material
5. Flexible shape: can be made into different shapes according to different needs
6. Improvement of safety: Even if it is overcharged, it is very stable. Because the electrolyte is solid, the probability of leakage becomes very low.
2. From the appearance of packaging and internal composition;
1. Sheet shape: If the outside is wrapped with a sticker, first use two hands to repeatedly break it back and forth. If there is a plastic frame on the side, it is likely to be ordinary lithium ion, not polymer. Peel off the sticker to expose the battery core. If the edge is a rectangular parallelepiped, it may be ordinary lithium ion. If the edge is an arc-shaped cell, and the packaging metal sheet has gaps, it may be polymer. The polymer battery can continue to be disassembled, showing a similar vacuum-encapsulated aluminum foil. Generally, lithium ion only shows the metal shell square cell, if you rely on your hands, you can't continue to disassemble it.
2. Barrel shape, usually contains more lithium ion and less polymer. Most polymers are much flatter.
3. From product attributes
Lithium polymer battery (Li-polymer, also known as polymer lithium battery): It is also a kind of lithium ion battery, but compared with liquid lithium battery (Li-ion), it has higher energy density, smaller size and ultra-thin , Lightweight, and high safety, and other advantages, is a new type of battery. In terms of shape, lithium polymer batteries have ultra-thin characteristics, and can be made into batteries of any shape and capacity according to the needs of various products. The minimum thickness that this type of battery can reach can reach 0.5mm. Its nominal voltage is the same as Li-ion's nominal voltage of 3.7 volts, without memory effect. And the polymer battery is mixed with the positive and negative active materials by solvent and binder respectively. After being evenly stirred at high speed, a slurry-like positive and negative material is made. Solid electrolyte.
Note: After disassembly, it may catch fire or even explode. And the polymer electrolyte will generate highly toxic hydrofluoric acid (HF) when it encounters moisture in the air.
How is polymer battery performance
Polymer battery is generally understood as polymer battery or polymer lithium battery. Structurally, the full name of lithium polymer battery should be lithium ion polymer battery. In this way, lithium polymer battery is actually a kind of lithium ion battery. . Polymer lithium-ion batteries are replaced by solid polymer electrolytes, which can be solid or semi-solid (colloid). So, what is the performance of polymer batteries? What will happen to the future development trend of polymer batteries?