Polymer battery performance advantages
1. It is small in size and can be made thinner. Ordinary liquid lithium-ion batteries adopt the method of customizing the shell first, and then plugging the positive and negative electrodes. The thickness is below 3.6mm, and there is a technical bottleneck. Polymer batteries do not. The problem is that the thickness can be less than 1mm, which is in line with the current demand for mobile phones.
2. Large capacity; polymer lithium battery has 10-15% higher capacity than steel shell batteries of the same size and 5-10% higher than aluminum shell batteries. It has become the first choice of consumers. Nowadays, fishing devices and electric fishing machines are on the market. Most of them use polymer lithium batteries.
3. Light weight; polymer lithium battery is 40% lighter than steel shell lithium battery with the same capacity and specifications, and 20% lighter than aluminum shell battery.
Fourth, the safety performance is good; once a safety hazard occurs, the liquid battery cell is easy to explode, while the polymer battery cell will only blow up. Because the polymer lithium battery uses aluminum-plastic soft packaging in structure, it is different from the metal shell of the liquid battery.
5. The internal resistance is small; the internal resistance of the polymer cell is smaller than that of the general liquid cell. At present, the internal resistance of the domestic polymer cell can even be below 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-consumption of the battery and prolongs the mobile phone. The standby time can fully meet the international standards. This kind of polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge current is an ideal choice for remote control models, and has become the most promising product to replace Ni-MH batteries.
6. The shape can be customized; the polymer lithium battery can increase or decrease the thickness of the battery cell according to the needs of customers, and develop new battery cell models, which are cheap and short. The mold opening cycle is short. Some can even be tailored to the shape of the mobile phone to fully Use the battery shell space to increase battery capacity.
Seven, good discharge characteristics; polymer lithium batteries use gel electrolyte, which has stable discharge characteristics and a higher discharge platform than liquid electrolytes.
8. The design of the protection board is simple; because the polymer lithium battery adopts polymer materials, the battery core does not catch fire or explode, and the battery itself has sufficient safety. Therefore, the protection circuit design of the polymer battery can consider omitting PTC and fuse, so Save battery costs