The difference in technical characteristics of square, cylindrical and soft packages
1. Battery shape: The square lithium-ion battery can be of any size, while the soft pack battery can be made thinner, which is incomparable to a cylindrical battery.
2. Rate characteristics: the process limitation of the cylindrical lithium ion battery welding multi-electrode, so the rate characteristics are slightly worse than the square multi-electrode method.
3. Discharge platform: The same positive electrode material, negative electrode material, and electrolyte are used, so theoretically the discharge platform is the same, but the internal resistance of the square battery is slightly dominant, so the discharge platform is slightly higher.
4. Product quality: Cylindrical lithium-ion battery technology is very mature, the probability of common secondary slitting defects of the pole piece is low, and the winding process is more mature and automated than the lamination process. The lamination process is currently still using semi-manual methods , So there is an adverse effect on the quality of the battery.
5. Tab welding: The tabs of cylindrical lithium-ion batteries are easier to weld than square lithium-ion batteries, and square batteries are prone to false welding that affects battery quality.
6. PACK into groups: round batteries are relatively easier to use, so the PACK method is simple and the heat dissipation effect is good. The heat dissipation problem should be solved when the square batteries are PACK.