What is a polymer lithium battery? What are the advantages of a polymer lithium battery? Let’s take a look at the editor of the lithium battery manufacturer Kangli.
Polymer lithium battery is also known as polymer lithium battery: Compared with the previous battery, it is a kind of battery with high energy, miniaturization and light weight. In terms of shape, polymer lithium batteries have ultra-thin characteristics, and can be made into batteries of some shapes and capacities to meet the needs of some products. In terms of safety, the outer packaging is aluminum-plastic packaging, which is different from the metal shell of liquid lithium batteries. The internal quality hazards can be immediately displayed through the deformation of the outer packaging. Once a safety hazard occurs, it will not explode but will only swell. The theoretical minimum thickness of this type of battery can reach 0.5mm.
What are the advantages of polymer lithium batteries
1. There is no battery leakage problem. The battery does not contain liquid electrolyte and uses colloidal solids.
2. Can be made into a thin battery: With a capacity of 3.6V400mAh, its thickness can be as thin as 0.5mm.
3. The battery can be designed into a variety of shapes
4. The battery can be bent and deformed: the polymer battery can be bent up to about 900
5. It can be made into a single high voltage: the battery with liquid electrolyte can only obtain high voltage by connecting several batteries in series. Since polymer battery has no liquid itself, it can be made into a multi-layer combination in a single battery to achieve high voltage.
6. The capacity will be twice as high as a lithium-ion battery of the same size.